Thursday 2 December 2010

Baby its cold out there

So far, and i say so far as who knows what tomorrow's weather will bring, we have been let off pretty lightly with the snow.  It is ridiculously cold but the roads are reasonably clear and the schools are open.  My job as a weight watchers leader has not been too nice loading and unloading the car in sub zero temperatures but not the end of the world. But massive sympathies to those of you that are really suffering in this extreme weather.
It is December, Christmas is upon us and it is the time of advent calendars.  Hubby bought me a gorgeous one from Hotel Chocolat and the children have got their normal chocolate ones.  But after reading over at ALi's blog i followed suit and bought the family the Eric Carle's dream snow advent calender.  It really is just so beautiful and is a Christmas decoration in itself.

The photos are not brilliant as it is dark out there today


The children are more excited about this one than their chocolate ones. Well maybe the same... Each day opens to reveal a new decoration to put on the tree.  Truly beautiful

I have got new boots to tackle the school run in the snow and the ice and i absolutely love them.  They are wellies believe it or not.


They are fantastic for work because with leggings they look just like normal boots but have the added sturdiness and necessary water proof nature of wellies.  Love them!!

Although work has got busy, taking on a new meeting and changing a couple over, I have actually managed to cut the fabric out for Martha's apron.  I was meant to be going out today to buy other bits and pieces to make it but the weather made me re-think that decision!.

Finally, I had a lovely present from helpers at a meeting i ran up until Tuesday as a goodbye gift.  Lovely flowers and they really brighten up the kitchen in this dull weather.



What have you been up to?

1 comment:

  1. I love the advent calendar. What a lovely idea opening the doors to reveal a new decoration to hang on the tree. Your wellies look great. I always find wellies really cold though, even with those welly socks you can buy to go inside. I've been living in my walking boots in this snow. They keep my feet lovely and warm. The only problem is that the snow is so deep here that it goes above my ankles so my legs get wet.

    ReplyDelete

HI, thank you for stopping by. I adore getting comments and read them all. I will attempt to reply to each and every one of them here in the comment box. Hope to see you again soon