Thursday 14 October 2010

Gallery Glory

Wow have i had an exciting day today. I mentioned previously that the  local gallery are holding a Ladies Evening and i will be showing off some evening bags that i have made, including this one that i made a long time ago.  Well my sister in law - a hugely talented lady called Naomi - holds art talks at the gallery and i was thinking about publicity.  This in turn got me thinking about a blog for the gallery, facebook page etc.

As of today, I am now officially in charge of all emarketing for the gallery, including setting up and writing the blog.  This will include interviews with the founders, local artists etc. The gallery itself is in a hugely historical building in the heart of the village so my research will include some interesting facts.  I invested in a picture from the gallery about a month ago and some of the works they have are just amazing.  For example, who knew that Timmy Mallett was such a good artist

I am so excited so watch this space for all details of this fantastic opportunity that somehow i have talked myself into.

As you know i am a huge fan of yoga and not just the physical side but its spiritual importance. So often in life we follow the expectations of others as opposed to following and believeing in our own dreams.  I have been hugely guilty of that in the past.  By being proud of yourself and your own capabilities and talents (my talent is being gobby!) and following your own dreams, then happiness will follow.  It is better to live your own life imperfectly than live the life of someone else perfectly. (paraphrasing The Bhagavad Gita)

1 comment:

  1. Well done, very happy for you, I am sure you will be excellent! I always got into all my volunteering roles by saying too much, but I don't regret any of them! Laura xx

    ReplyDelete

HI, thank you for stopping by. I adore getting comments and read them all. I will attempt to reply to each and every one of them here in the comment box. Hope to see you again soon